In years past, adding cages to fixed ladders was good enough to satisfy Federal and State regulations. That is no longer the case. Permanently installed fall arrest systems satisfy Federal and State requirements.
Whether it is cable based or a rail type system, UNISTRUT’s Vertical Fall Arrest Systems will stop a workers fall in under a foot. Each system is installed by our Certified Installers to meet the manufacturer’s specifications and can be easily attach to most fixed ladders. Vertical Fall Arrest Systems can be used by two people simultaneously thereby minimizing down time. Knowing that not all ladders go straight up and stop. (some extend up to a landing and then turn horizontally while others are at an angle and repeatedly stop and start at landing platforms), UNISTRUT offers both rail and cable based systems that accommodate all of these real-world situations.
Our systems are designed for use with fixed industrial ladders in a wide variety of applications. Key features include:
- Suitable for installation in the majority of environments.
- Operation is not affected by snow, ice or adverse weather conditions.
- Unobtrusive, lightweight and flexible.
- Can be retrofitted or included as part of a new build programme.
- Will support up to four workers on a single line.
- Unique LadderLatch unit can be attached or detached at any point on the cable.
- The LadderLatch unit passes smoothly over intermediate wire guides, offering continuous hands free protection.
- System design can accommodate horizontal or inclined sections if required.
- A variety of fixing methods allows for easy installation.
ManSafe for Ladders systems include a choice of components to enable installation on a wide variety of applications and on ladders of different sizes and shapes.
Rung Mounted Systems
Standard fixing kits are available for installation on round and u-shaped rungs up to 22mm diameter, and square, triangular, diamond or L-shaped rungs. Alternative fixing kits for larger rungs can be made available.
Stile/Stringer Mounted Systems
For use on narrow ladders where a rung mounted system would cause a trip hazard. The standard mounting brackets will accommodate stile widths from 40 to 65mm and stile thicknesses of 5 to 12mm.
Top and Bottom Anchors
A choice of top and bottom anchors and alternative methods of terminating and tensioning the cable are available to suit individual requirements and applications.