Assess the fall protection requirements of workers loading, and unloading, flat bed trailers anywhere outside the exterior of the manufacturing plant. Workers were performing tasks atop the flat bed trailers without being tied off when working between the 5’ to 14’ height level.
During the site analysis it was determined that preparing the loads on the back of the trailers could happen in multiple locations around the exterior of the facility. The client expressed that permanent systems will NOT suffice due to the various loading requirements of different trucks.
Due to the complexity of the site we determined the best solution is to provide an engineered MOBILE Fall Arrest System. Our newest offering is ideal for use in air transportation, truck transportation and transportation equipment manufacturing. These systems are temporarily installed and repositionable to provide a fixed path of fall protection coverage up to 30° off center. The systems are completely portable and can be moved with a large forklift or with the optional steerable rolling chassis package. Designed with one or two support columns with cantilevered headers, they provide easy access to the top of many types of vehicles.
- Able to support workers up to 400lbs – can be adapted if heavier loads are required.
- Standard spans range for 14’ to 55’, with standard reach starting at 9’ and standard height starting at 20’.
- Systems can be designed for one or two workers and utilize either single or dual track styles.
- Bolt together components make set-up and installation effortless; no welding required.
- Manual leveling jack plates.
- Overall typical weight of approximately 13,800 lbs.
- Enclosed track design eliminates the possibility of dirt or ice build-up interfering with trolley movement.